Here’s a breakdown of Boise homes for sale, including all listings, resale listings, and new home listings.
- # Listings: 1,991
- Average Asking Price: $427,202
- Median Asking Price: $329,900
- # Listings: 1,275
- % of All Listings: 64.0%
- Average Asking Price: $457,167
- Median Asking Price: $336,000
New Home Listings
- # Listings: 716
- % of All Listings: 36.0%
- Average Asking Price: $373,843
- Median Asking Price: $319,695
- 28.6% of all Boise homes for sale are “To Be Built” or “Under Construction” (essentially “phantom listing inventory”).
- We have only 1,275 resale homes for sale, which is less than two months’ supply of listing inventory.
- Only 146 new (spec) homes are completed and move-in ready (7.3% of all Boise homes for sale).
- Many builders pre-list “To-Be-Built” homes in MLS, hoping to sell them before beginning construction (to make it easier for the builder to get construction financing).
- Many “To-Be-Built” homes will never be built unless they are pre-sold prior to beginning construction.
Data pertains to Ada County single-family homes on lot or acreage.
Data does not include condo or townhome properties.
New homes = To Be Built, Under Construction, or New-Never Occupied.
During his 45 years of full-time real estate experience, Phil has helped thousands of past clients buy and sell quality properties in the Western U.S.
Phil is one of only ten local Realtors® (of nearly 5,600) honored with the coveted “Realtor® Emeritus” award from the National Association of Realtors®, recognizing 40 years in real estate.