If you’re a buyer, here’s how we can work together to find the right home for you.
- Good communication is vital to the home buying process.
- I answer my own phone (almost always immediately).
- I use one direct phone number, (208)938-5533, with Call Forwarding activated when I’m not in my (home) office.
- If you leave a voicemail, or e-mail me, I will respond promptly.
- e-mail provides a written record of our communication and helps avoid misunderstandings.
- My e-mail is forwarded to my iPhone to facilitate rapid responses.
- I can’t help you if I don’t understand what you wish to accomplish.
- That means we need to have a detailed conversation before beginning our home search.
- That conversation usually takes 30-60 minutes and consists of me asking questions, taking notes, and gaining a thorough understanding of your planned move, financial situation, needs, wants, likes, and dislikes.
- This meeting will also allow us both to decide if we would like to work together.
Before Looking At Homes
- I will provide the Idaho Agency Law Disclosure for your acknowledgement
- It’s my policy to offer my services only at the client level (exclusive representation).
- The next step is to sign our written Buyer Representation Agreement.
- The Buyer Representation Agreement establishes that you are my exclusive client (vs. just a “customer”) and is your assurance that I will devote my full efforts to helping you find the right home.
- You will need to obtain financing pre-approval (not a pre-qualification); ideally with my recommended local lender.
- Financing pre-approval is a “must” in our active market with minimal listing inventory.
- My next step is to search MLS for properties matching your criteria.
- The easy way to find the right home is to let me do the searching while using your criteria.
- It’s usually a waste of time for you to search for properties on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and other sites because I can find them more easily with my direct MLS access.
- If you visit other real estate sites, understand that you will become a “lead” and that your contact information will be sold to other real estate agents if you register to view listings.
- I will thoroughly research properties of interest and screen them vs. my stringent criteria for location, neighborhoods, traffic, future development, construction quality, builder reputation, schools, and other information you may not know about.
- My next step is to drive by homes that pass my initial scrutiny to further screen them.
- My final step is to preview homes that are finalists to develop my list of the best homes to show you.
- I avoid showing homes I know nothing about because it’s a disservice to you and a waste of time for both of us.
- We will need to focus on homes that meet your criteria to avoid confusion and save time.
- As we look at homes, I will advise you about all aspects of each property.
- Don’t be surprised if I tell you to NOT consider specific properties!
When We Find The Right Home
- I will confirm availability with the listing agent before we prepare your offer.
- We will work together to craft an offer that’s likely to be acceptable to the seller.
- You will need to provide earnest money with your offer.
- I will present your offer to the listing agent, along with a brief narrative about you and your situation.
- If we get a counteroffer, I will guide you through further negotiations.
- When your offer is accepted, I will open escrow and coordinate your transaction with your lender, escrow officer, and listing agent.
- If we include a home inspection as part of your offer, I will coordinate the inspection and negotiate any requested repairs.
- We will do a walk-thru a few days prior to closing to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you made your offer to purchase.
- I will review your closing statement prior to closing and attend your closing appointment with you.
- If you are unable to personally attend the closing, I will arrange for you to sign final closing documents with a mobile notary in your area.
- I will be happy to keep an eye on your new home if you are unable to move in immediately.