The internet is a very useful tool if you want to buy a Boise home.
That’s why more than 90% of all Boise home buyers use it when they begin looking for a home.
It’s packed full of information about available properties and you can review listings in the comfort of your own home.
The internet is a great starting point for finding a home, but it has limited value when it comes to finding the right home.
Most homes look good on the internet, but you must physically visit that home to see what it’s really like.
Photos can be cropped, enhanced, and altered to make them look better than the real thing.
Have you heard of Photoshop????
Have you noticed those homes with the bright green grass in the middle of winter????
If you don’t live here, or haven’t spent time here, you lack the local knowledge and insights necessary to interpret what you’re seeing on the internet.
Listings on websites often contain inaccurate data, including undisclosed short sales, short sales that already have multiple offers, sold or pending properties shown as available, and sometimes even photos of the wrong property or another similar home.
You can’t determine the condition or surroundings of a property by looking at pictures.
- Has it had water damage?
- Is it in a flood zone?
- Has it been remediated for mold?
- Is it under the airport flight pattern?
- Is it next to high-tension electrical lines?
- Is it next door to land planned for an industrial park?
Most MLS listings are embellished to varying degrees because no listing agent wants to mention anything that’s negative in their listing.
Think about it ~ when have you ever seen a listing that honestly describes the fragrant cat pee in the carpets or includes a photo of the neighbor’s truck sitting on concrete blocks under a blue plastic tarp?
You can’t get a “feel” for the property without knowing the facts of the neighborhood.
- How many rentals are there?
- Is the area plagued with distress sales?
- How well are neighboring properties maintained?
- Does the HOA have ample cash reserves?
Most importantly, you can’t see what I can see in MLS when you’re looking at homes on the internet because agent remarks are not visible to the public.
Those agent remarks often reveal details that help me determine if a specific property might be appropriate for you.
The Best Way To Find The Right Home
- Connect with an experienced, competent, full-time agent who knows the market and will work in partnership with you.
- You want an advisor; not a salesperson focused on “closing the sale”.
- Discuss your needs, wants, likes, and dislikes in detail with that agent.
- Commit to work exclusively with that agent so you will get their full attention.
- Successful, experienced agents know better than to work with a buyer who’s working with several agents. Further, it’s pointless to work with several agents because all agents have the same MLS listing inventory to show you.
- Let your agent research listings and insist that they preview listings before showing them to you. There’s little point in wasting your time looking at properties that are in poor condition, overpriced, and not what you want.
Want to find the right Boise home the easy way?
Simply call me at (208)938-5533 or e-mail me and let’s talk about what you’d like to do!