If you live in Eagle Idaho, especially anywhere near Eagle Island, I hope you’ve already purchased Eagle Idaho flood insurance.
We have a very high risk of major flooding in the Eagle Island area over the coming 60 days.
Some areas near Eagle Island State Park have already flooded and are under mandatory evacuation orders.
The National Flood Insurance Program is provided and managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The program offers insurance coverage for residential buildings, as well as separate coverage for contents.
There are some important points to understand about those coverages, including:
- There’s a 30-day waiting period before coverage becomes effective.
- $250,000 maximum coverage for residential buildings.
- $100,000 maximum coverage for contents.
- Contents coverage must be purchased separately and is strongly recommended.
- Flood insurance pays the replacement cost, or Actual Cash Value of actual damages, up to the policy limit.
- Flood insurance does NOT pay more than the policy limit.
Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to arrange coverage.
You should review the Summary of Coverage for full information.
Pay special attention to what is and isn’t covered on Page 2 of the Summary of Coverage!
During his 44 years of full-time real estate experience, Phil has helped thousands of past clients buy and sell quality properties in the Western U.S.
Phil is one of only ten local Realtors® (of nearly 5,500) honored with the coveted “Realtor® Emeritus” award from the National Association of Realtors®, recognizing 40 years in real estate.