Summary of the Boise Idaho Real Estate Market
- Our listing inventory remains about the same as it was at the end of Q2.
- It’s extremely difficult to find a quality home matching a buyer’s specific criteria.
- We have 1,745 homes available in all of Ada County, spread over 17 MLS areas, in all price ranges.
- Only 840 (48.1%) of those available listings are existing resale homes.
- 85 (4.9%) of those listings are “To Be Built” (builders seeking pre-sales).
- 402 (23.0%) of those listings are “Under Construction”.
- 424 (24.3%) of those listings are “New-Never Occupied” completed spec homes.
- We have 1,391 pending sales in escrow now vs. 1,452 at this time last year (-4.2%).
- 469 (26.9%) of all pending sales are new homes under construction.
- 31.7% of all YTD closed sales were new homes.
- We closed 8,746 homes in the first three quarters of 2019 vs. 8,937 in the same period of 2018 (-2.1%).
- Many buyers are opting for new homes due to the lack of resale home listings.
- Most builders are building spec homes with pre-selected options vs. allowing buyers to select options.
- We continue to sell fewer homes at higher prices due to our low listing inventory vs. strong demand.
- Interest rates for owner-occupied homes remain steady around 4% for 30-year fixed-rate loans.
Looking for a home in Boise, Meridian, or Eagle, Idaho?
Why not put my 47 year’s experience and no-BS insights to work for you?
Call me at (208)938-5533 or e-mail me for exceptional, responsive, expert service!
Data pertains to Ada County single-family homes on lot or acreage.
Data extracted from Intermountain MLS on 10/5/19 and 11/2/19.