Bike-friendly Boise has landed on another “list” of best communities!
This time, The League of American Bicyclists has awarded its “Silver” rating to Ada County.
Ada County is one of only four counties in the U.S to receive the award.
The award criteria includes:
- A minimum of 3.5% of people in the community commute by bicycle.
- A minimum of two annual offerings of adult bicycle skills classes.
- A minimum of 45% of arterial streets with bike lanes.
- A minimum of 30% of the total road networks include a bicycle network.
Other interesting facts . . . .
- Ada County currently has 306 miles of bike lanes, more than 400 bicycle wayfinding signs, and dozens of miles of designated bike routes on arterial and neighborhood streets.
- In 2009, the Ada County Highway District (ACHD) approved “Roadways to Bikeways”, an ambitious plan to install bike facilities within a quarter mile of 95% of Ada County Residents.
Source: Boise Weekly