The trade-offs between Eagle Idaho new homes and resale homes.
Here are some things to consider with Eagle Idaho new homes vs. resale homes.
Eagle Idaho New Homes
- Many new home developments offer a community pool and extensive common areas with walking paths.
- Most new homes will have slab granite or quartz countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- New homes often include KitchenAid, Bosch, Maytag, or Thermidor stainless steel appliances
- Most new homes will have areas with gleaming hardwood flooring.
- New homes will have insulated floors, 2×6 framing, more insulation, higher quality roofs, and more energy-efficient HVAC systems.
- Eagle Idaho new homes are more energy-efficient with significantly lower utility costs.
- Most Eagle Idaho new homes come with a one-year builder’s warranty.
- Buyers can usually avoid multiple offer bidding wars when buying a new home (especially when the home is under construction).
Eagle Idaho Resale Homes
- Most resale homes will lack the latest modern amenities.
- It’s common for many resale homes to have laminate, or 4” tile, countertops in both kitchens and bathrooms.
- It’s also common to see linoleum floors in the kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms of older resale homes.
- If you buy a resale home, you won’t have a home warranty unless you purchase one from a third-party warranty company.
- Homes built before 2004 were not required to have insulated floors.
- Many resale homes (especially older ones) were built with 2×4 framing and less insulation.
- Most older homes were built with less efficient (often 80%) HVAC systems.
- Resale homes will usually have higher utility costs.
- With age, many major components (paint, roof, HVAC, appliances, carpet, windows, etc.) will need to be replaced sooner than a new home.
- Neighboring homes may not be well-maintained.
- Some resale homes will be in subdivisions with numerous nearby rental homes.
- Resale homes may offer more mature landscaping than a new home.
- Resale home buyers may face multiple offer bidding wars with some resale home listings.