If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’re one of many California buyers moving to Meridian Idaho.
It’s also likely that you haven’t been here, and/or have limited knowledge of the Meridian Idaho real estate market.
So, you do what everyone does; you visit the real estate portals in search of your dream home.
You look at the eye candy on those websites, thinking that you can find the perfect home on your own.
Your first mistake, when visiting those sites, is to request more information from an “Expert Agent” (or something similar) prominently displayed on various listings you see.
Doing so will result in your contact information being provided to that agent.
You’ll become a “lead” and get added to the agent’s “drip list” with daily impersonal e-mails and calls.
If you (foolishly) do that with several agents, you can expect your inbox to be full each morning.
It’s important to understand that the “Expert Agent” actually paid the real estate portal for preferential placement on search engine results pages.
Unfortunately, the only criteria for becoming an “Expert Agent” is the ability to pay $500 (usually much more) per month to the real estate portal in return for preferential placement in the search results.
The real estate portals make their money by selling leads to real estate agents.
They’re in the lead generation business; not the real estate business.
Five Challenges When Searching Homes On The Internet
You Don’t Know The Area
If you haven’t been here, and/or don’t know the area, subdivisions, builders, schools, traffic, shopping, and other important information, you lack the context required to understand the homes you’re viewing.
You’re Looking At Eye Candy
Every home can be made to look good on the internet.
Have you ever heard of Photoshop?
Online real estate listings often include photos that have been cropped, altered, and enhanced to the point that they no longer resemble the home being displayed.
Many listings include photos that are similar to the one displayed in the listing.
When you see the words “photo similar” online, understand that the photos are photos of a different home.
You Can’t Determine The Condition/Quality
If you aren’t familiar with the Meridian Idaho area, and the location of the listing you’re viewing, you can’t determine the condition or quality of a property.
- Is the home in a flood zone?
- Is the home beneath the approach/departure paths for the Boise Airport?
- Does the home back to a road that will soon be widened?
- Does the home back to an undeveloped area that could become apartments, starter homes, a shopping center, or a WalMart?
- Does the property have high-tension power lines behind it?
- Does a neighbor have six barking dogs in their yard?
What’s Wrong With The Property?
It’s extremely rare to see a listing that mentions anything negative about a property.
- Has the property been a rental during its entire lifetime?
- Has the home been remediated for mold?
- Is this a “flip” remodel, done on the cheap, and “lipstick on a pig”?
I’ve never seen a property online that disclosed the existence of fragrant cat pee in the carpets!
You Lack Full Information
You can’t see agent remarks that are withheld from public viewing.
The agent remarks often reveal the true character of the property.
You also lack access to the Seller’s Property Disclosure, which is submitted to MLS but not published on the real estate sites.
I can see things that you can’t see!
The Easy Way To Find The Best Meridian Idaho Home
The easy way to find the best Meridian Idaho home is to let me find it for you!
- Call me when you’re ready for “No BS” real estate!
- I’m more of a consultant than the typical real estate agent.
- Each client I accept becomes a consulting project.
- I work with no more than four clients at a time.
- I inform and advise vs. the usual “close the deal” approach to real estate.
- I advise my clients to avoid properties that don’t meet my stringent criteria.
- My 46 years of real estate experience is your assurance of exceptional, responsive service.
- References cheerfully provided upon request!
Give me a call at (208)938-5533 or e-mail me and let’s talk.