CarMax recently published some interesting information about Idaho commute times and asked me to share it with you.
Here are some excerpts from their report that pertain to Idaho households/commuters.
- The average Idaho commute time is 19.1 minutes (less than the national average).
- 1.5% of Idaho commuters have a “Super Commute” of more than 90 minutes.
- 2% do not have a car.
- 20.2% have one car.
- 40.6% have two cars.
- 23.3% have three cars.
- 13.9% have four or more cars.
Here’s how we Idahoans commute to work:
- 78.9% drive alone.
- 9.8% car pool.
- 2.2% walk to work.
- 0.8% use public transportation.
- 1.2% ride a bike.
- 6.2% work at home.
How long is the typical Idaho commute time?
- Boise commuters have an average commute time of 17.2 minutes.
- Meridian commuters have an average commute time of 21 minutes.
- Nampa commuters have an average commute time of 22.2 minutes.
Published with permission from CarMax.
During his 45 years of full-time real estate experience, Phil has helped thousands of past clients buy and sell quality properties in the Western U.S.
Phil is one of only ten local Realtors® (of nearly 5,600) honored with the coveted “Realtor® Emeritus” award from the National Association of Realtors®, recognizing 40 years in real estate.