If you’re in the market for a new home, be prepared to spend more than you would for the average resale home.
The simple truth is that Boise new homes cost more than resale homes now.
There are many reasons, including:
- Rising land/lot costs.
- Rising materials costs.
- Rising labor costs.
- Stronger building codes and energy standards.
- New homes are often larger with more amenities.
Here’s a comparison of closed Boise new homes sales vs. resale home sales for October.
Boise Resale Home Sales
- # Closed: 544
- Average Sales Price: $229,642
- Median Sales Price: $190,250
Boise New Home Sales
- # Closed: 131
% of Total Closed Sales: 19.4%
- Average Sales Price: $324,258
% Difference: +30.8%
- Median Sales Price: $304,900
% Difference: +46.6%
Data pertains to Ada County single-family homes on lot or acreage.
Data does not include condo or townhome properties.
Data pertains to the month of October 2014.