I am sometimes amazed by what I see in MLS listings.
Here are a few examples, taken verbatim from actual listings:
- “there are dogs please call agent before showing !!!!”
- “amazing green grass accents pink, yellow, & red roses”
- “tenant requires 24 hour notice to show, please call listing agent to make appointment”
- “Seller is a licensed real estate agent in the state of CA”
- “any reduction in commission to be split 50/50”
- “great rental or Swett Equity for new owner”
- “friendly dog kenneled inside home – she may bark at first, but she’s very sweet (her name is Annie), please do not let cat out, please give seller 1 hr notice before using lockbox”
- “the puppies in the back are friendly and unpredictable”
- “PLEASE DO NOT LOCK DOOR TO GARAGE AND KEY DOES NOT UNLOCK DEADBOLT TO FRONT DOOR”
- “Subject to lender approved short sale. Shows are by appointment only as there is a very large dog that needs to be removed”
I have saved the best for last:
- “In response to Realtors’ requests for data, this home is posted as a courtesy to agents using the MLS. This is a courtesy posting. Please be aware of the compensation being offered. At this time, the seller has chosen not to offer additional compensation. Please include a compensation agreement with any offer”.
(This was excerpted from an actual Assist 2 Sell listing offering a $1.00 selling agent’s commission. Assist 2 Sell has numerous listings in MLS offering only $1.00 compensation to the selling agent).